Subject: [Geopriv] substitution groups vs. any elements

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:07:03 -0500

All,

There remains one last, unresolved issue with 
draft-ietf-geopriv-common-policy, and that is with regard to the usage 
of substitution groups (requiring derivation of elements) vs. any 
element.  Many excellent points have been made for both cases, which 
leads Allison and I to believe that we are not all on the same page 
with respect to usage scenarios.

Perhaps it would be best if we had some use cases for voice, IM, and 
emergency call routing to illustrate the need for one approach vs. the 
other.  In each use case we should look to see if the using protocol 
gives us proper protocol/namespace/schema negotiation as to allow a 
sender to understand the capabilities of the receiver (which XML 
Schemas the receiver knows about) and if any privacy is compromised 
should the sender use elements not understood by the receiver.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv