Subject: [Geopriv] TIA TR41.4 comments to NENA, re LLDP-MED and NENA requirements (action from ECRIT/IEEE joint meeting)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:11:16 -0400

Hi all, 

During the IETF-68 ECRIT/IEEE joint meeting, I was asked to pass along the 
TIA TR41.4 comments to NENA, regarding NENA location-related requirements 
and how LLDP-MED meets them.  These are summarized in the formal liaison 
sent from TR41.4 to NENA, which can now be accessed via the link below (it 
was not completed at the time of the meeting).  In summary, LLDP-MED meets 
virtually all applicable NENA requirements well.  Some others cannot be 
realistically met by any method. 

See NENA response at: 
 
http://ftp.tiaonline.org/tr-41/tr41.4/Public/2007-03-Teleconference/TR41.4-07-03-006-M-NENA-LiaisonResponse.pdf
Original NENA request at:
    
http://ftp.tiaonline.org/tr-41/tr41.4/Public/2006-08-Montreal/TR41.4-06-08-014-M-NENA-Liaison.doc

Please note, I posted this to both ECRIT and Geopriv, on the unlikely 
chance there are some that lurk on one list but not the other.  If there 
are any comments, please reply to ECRIT only, to keep the noise down. 

Cheers,
Peter Blatherwick
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv