Subject: [Geopriv] Comments on geopriv-loc-filters-01

From: "Pailer Rudolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:26:19 +0200

Hello!

I would like to notify you, that I have published the Internet Draft "A
Location Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP)" http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pailer-locpres-00.txt ,
that makes use of the draft geopriv-loc-filters-01.
At the time of writing the location presence draft, the location filters
draft was expired and so I decided to 'quote' an slightly changed form
of location filters by adding the (updated) XML schema and some part of
the explanations.
I am very glad, that this very useful draft reappeared and so I plan to
publish an update of draft-pailer-locpres that just references draft
geopriv-loc-filters.
There is however one change to draft geopriv-loc-filters that I have
added, that I would like to discuss:
The draft geopriv-loc-filters types the "enterOrExit" element as a GML
feature.  This is considered to be too restrictive and complicated, as
it requires (in case of subscriber/notifier scheme of
draft-pailer-locpres) from the subscriber and the notifier to agree on a
not further specified GML application schema.
For maximum felxibility, I have changed the 'enterOrExit' element to be
able to hold any XML element.

           <xs:element name="enterOrExit"
             minOccurs="0"
             maxOccurs="unbounded">
             <xs:complexType>
               <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
                   minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
               </xs:sequence>
             </xs:complexType>
           </xs:element>

There was also some discussion in our research group, why there is no
<speedBelow> element, that indicates that the speed of an observed
object falls below a certain limit.

greetings
Rudolf

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv