Subject: [Geopriv] New Geopriv Chair

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:19:56 -0700

Jon and I have put a lot of thought into the best way to make  
progress in the GEOPRIV working group. We feel that at this point in  
time, a chair that is focused around a process will be the best way  
forward. Robert Sparks has agreed to take over as the sole chair for  
the working group. Robert has chaired WGs in both apps and rai and  
had plenty of success chairing groups with contentious issues and  
proponents with strong views and voices. We are confident he can  
ensure a fair and open process and help the working group produce  
RFCs that have good consensus supporting them. We have been  
discussing this change with the old and new chairs since March 30.

The charter of GEOPRIV is to produce work that was useful not only  
for SIP, but for other applications as well, and we want to make sure  
that participants keep the non SIP applications in mind. We also want  
to ensure that as the WG starts using HTTP there is an excellent  
level of  HTTP expertise. Lisa Dusseault has agreed to become a  
technical advisor for the group.

We would like to thank Andy, Allison, and Randy for all the work they  
have put into this WG.  Please welcome Robert as the new chair and  
Lisa as the technical advisor.

Jon & Cullen

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:32:51 -0400

Excellent choice!

Welcome, Robert, to our maelstrom.  

I'm also very happy that Lisa will be watching over us; she was very helpful
in the XCAP stuff in SIP, and I am confident she will be very helpful here
too.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 4:20 PM
> To: GEOPRIV
> Cc: Jon Peterson; Allison Mankin; Robert Sparks; Andrew Newton
> Subject: [Geopriv] New Geopriv Chair
> 
>

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:12:01 -0500

Welcome Robert and Lisa.

I would like to thank Andy, Randy and Allison for their contributions
while I have been active in Geopriv.

Cheers
James

> Sent: Tuesday, 24 April 2007 6:20 AM
> To: GEOPRIV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]