Subject: Re: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #47: IETF Last Call Comments from Mykyta Yevstifeyev ([email-masked])

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 07:31:18 -0000

#47: IETF Last Call Comments from Mykyta Yevstifeyev ([email-masked])

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 RFC 5226 has been added as a normative reference, as has [RFC2939].  The
 IANA Considerations section now reads as follows:

 4.  IANA Considerations

 4.1.  DHCP Options

    This document defines the DHCPv6 GeoLoc option (see Section 2.1)
    which requires assignment of DHCPv6 option code TBD2 [RFC3315]:

    Value   Description          Reference
    ----    ------------------   ----------
    TBD2    OPTION_GEOLOCATION   RFC xxxx
    [RFC Editor:  Please replace xxxx with the RFC number
    assigned to this document.]

    This document defines the DHCPv4 GeoConf option (see Section 2.2.1)
    which has been assigned a DHCPv4 option code of 123 from the DHCP
    Option space.

    This document also defines the DHCPv4 GeoLoc option (see Section
    2.2.2) which requires assignment of DHCPv4 option code TBD1
    [RFC2132][RFC2939]:

                   Data
    Tag    Name    Length   Meaning              Reference
    ----   ----    ------   -------              ---------
    TBD1   GeoLoc   16      Geospatial Location  RFC xxxx
                            with Uncertainty
    [RFC Editor:  Please replace xxxx with the RFC number
    assigned to this document.]

 4.2.  Altitude Type Registry

    IANA is asked to create and maintain the Altitude Type registry
    following the guidelines below.

    The registry consists of three values:  Altitude Type, Description
    and Reference.  These are described below.

    Altitude Type: an integer, refers to the value used in the DHCPv4
    GeoConf and the DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 GeoLoc Options described in this
    document.  Values from 0 to 15 are assigned.

    Description:  the description of the altitude described by this code.

    Reference:  the reference to the document that describes the altitude
    code.  This reference MUST define the way that the 30 bit altitude
    values and the associated 6 bit uncertainty are interpreted.

    Initial values are given below; new assignments are to be made
    following the "Standards Action" policies [RFC5226].

    +------+---------------------+--------------+
    |  #   |  Description        |  Reference   |
    +------+---------------------+--------------+
    |  0   | No known altitude   |  RFC xxxx    |
    |  1   | Altitude in meters  |  RFC xxxx    |
    |  2   | Altitude in floors  |  RFC xxxx    |
    | 3-15 | Unassigned          |  RFC xxxx    |
    +------+---------------------+--------------+
    [RFC Editor:  Please replace xxxx with the RFC number
    assigned to this document.]

 4.3.  Datum Registry

    IANA is asked to create and maintain the Datum registry following the
    guidelines below.

    The registry consists of three values:  Datum, Description and
    Reference.  These are described below.

    Datum: an integer, refers to the value used in the DHCPv4 GeoConf and
    the DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 GeoLoc Options described in this document.
    Values from 1 to 7 are assigned.

    Description:  the description of the altitude described by this code.

    Reference:  the reference to the document that describes the Datum
    code.  This reference MUST include specification of both the
    horizontal and vertical datum, and MUST define the way that the 34
    bit values and the respective 6 bit uncertainties are interpreted.

    Initial values are given below; new assignments are to be made
    following the "Standards Action" policies [RFC5226].

    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  #   |  Description                          |  Reference   |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  0   | Reserved                              |  RFC xxxx    |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  1   | Vertical datum WGS 84 defined by EPSG |  RFC xxxx    |
    |      | CRS Code 4327                         |              |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  2   | Vertical datum NAD83 defined by EPSG  |  RFC xxxx    |
    |      | CRS Code 4269 with North American     |              |
    |      | Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88)       |              |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  3   | Vertical datum NAD83, defined by EPSG |  RFC xxxx    |
    |      | CRS Code 4269 withMean Lower Low Water|              |
    |      | (MLLW) as associated vertical datum   |              |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    | 4-7  | Unassigned                            |  RFC xxxx    |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    [RFC Editor:  Please replace xxxx with the RFC number
    assigned to this document.]

 4.4.  GeoLoc Option Version Registry

    IANA is asked to create and maintain the GeoLoc Version registry
    following the guidelines below.

    The registry consists of three values:  GeoLoc Version, Description
    and Reference.  These are described below.

    GeoLoc Version: an integer, refers to the version used in the DHCPv4
    and DHCPv6 GeoLoc Options described in this document.  Values from 1
    to 3 are assigned.

    Description:  the description of the version described by this code.

    Reference:  the reference to the document that describes the Version
    code.

    Initial values are given below; new assignments are to be made
    following the "Standards Action" policies [RFC5226].

    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  #   |  Description                          |  Reference   |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  0   | Reserved                              |  RFC xxxx    |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    |  1   | Implementatinos utilizing uncertainty |  RFC xxxx    |
    |      | parameters for both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 |              |
    |      | GeoLoc options                        |              |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    | 2-3  | Unassigned                            |  RFC xxxx    |
    +------+---------------------------------------+--------------+
    [RFC Editor:  Please replace xxxx with the RFC number
    assigned to this document.]

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:  bernard_aboba@…           
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed                    
 Priority:  minor                      |    Milestone:  draft-ietf-geopriv-3825bis
Component:  rfc3825bis                 |      Version:  1.0                       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed                     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/47#comment:1>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>