Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-23.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Geolocation Policy: A Document Format for Expressing Privacy Preferences for Location Information
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-23.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document defines an authorization policy language for
controlling access to location information.  It extends the Common
Policy authorization framework to provide location-specific access
control.  More specifically, this document defines condition elements
specific to location information in order to restrict access based on
the current location of the Target.

Furthermore, this document defines two algorithms for reducing the
granularity of returned location information.  The first algorithm is
defined for usage with civic location information while the other one
applies to geodetic location information.  Both algorithms come with
limitations, i.e. they provide location obfuscation under certain
conditions and may therefore not be appropriate for all application
domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-23.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jorge Cuellar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:56:02 +0100

Hi,

Hannes and I have submitted a new version of the geopriv-policy draft.

Changes include:

a) Updated abstract
b) Updated introduction
c) Corrected typo in algorithm description
d) Removed all occurrence of "using protocol"
e) Added the pseudo-code to the appendix
f) Updated security consideration text.

we have addressed the issues brought up in the discussions.  The
algorithm presented offers protection for static targets, (limited)
protection for moving targets, and protection for targets that
regularly visits a certain location.  For further discussions and
other alternatives, see also
draft-thomson-geopriv-location-obscuring-02

I will be in Prague at the IETF meeting from Sunday until Tuesday, and
I will be happy to discuss the issues face to face with people
interested in the subject, and of course in the geopriv meeting on
Monday.  Send me a mail if you want to meet in a small group (when?)
to discuss this.

On 3/14/11, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 	Title           : Geolocation Policy: A Document Format for Expressing
> Privacy Preferences for Location Information