Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action: draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:28:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
                          Martin Thomson
                          James Winterbottom
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-09-20

Abstract:
   Current location configuration protocols are capable of provisioning
   an Internet host with a location URI that refers to the host's
   location.  These protocols lack a mechanism for the target host to
   inspect or set the privacy rules that are applied to the URIs they
   distribute.  This document extends the current location configuration
   protocols to provide hosts with a reference to the rules that are
   applied to a URI, so that the host can view or set these rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:45:34 -0400

Dear GEOPRIV,

This update is intended to fix an error that I made in -05, namely the removal of text related to the DHCP location-by-reference option.  It turns out that I had prepared an -05-proposed version to make the diff I presented in my email *proposing* the removal [1], then forgot about the thread and used that as my baseline for the real -05.  Since there wasn't consensus to remove the DHCP text (the 4 expressed opinions were split 2:2), -06 adds it back in.  

The security and privacy text added in -05 should be the same in -06.

Thanks,
--Richard

[1] <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/geopriv/current/msg09299.html>

On Sep 20, 2012, at 9:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv