Subject: [Geopriv] Protocol Action: 'Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 15:13:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management'
  (draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri/

Technical Summary 

   Current location configuration protocols are capable of provisioning
   an Internet host with a location URI that refers to the host's
   location.  These protocols lack a mechanism for the target host to
   inspect or set the privacy rules that are applied to the URIs they
   distribute.  This document extends the current location configuration
   protocols to provide hosts with a reference to the rules that are
   applied to a URI, so that the host can view or set these rules.

Working Group Summary 
 
    This document was uncontroversial. It fills a gap in the location 
    configuration architecture.

Document Quality 

   At this time there are no known implementations, nor are there any 
   reviewers or experts that merit a special mention.

Personnel

  Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.
  Alissa Cooper is the document shepherd.