Subject: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 101 in London?

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 18:10:17 -0500

Hi,

Once again,  if there are enough people interested in discussions (along 
the lines scoped out below), we should get together at the IETF in 
London.

I’m proposing we meet on Tuesday afternoon, say at 4:30pm, assuming we 
can find a room (has anyone seen reservable rooms?).   Please let me 
know if you are interested (and how many of you there are, if responding 
on behalf of a bunch of people :-) ).

Thanks,
Leslie.

Video Content Handling and the IETF

“Video content handling” (delivery, management, etc)  over IP 
networks, from production to distribution till the end user, covers a 
vast range of technologies and uses.  Its use of Internet technologies 
is changing traditional industries and Internet technologies at the same 
time.   Creative uses of technologies for video content handling, and 
opportunities for new uses, abound.  None of this will be realized 
effectively without increased communication between engineers working in 
different parts of the problem space.

The purpose of the group is to provide a forum to discuss current issues 
in handling video on the Internet and with Internet protocols.

The scope is deliberately broad in topics covered, and shallow in terms 
of purpose.  Problems are identified and discussed, and, where possible, 
appropriate venues for further discussion are identified.  Work can be 
done to refine problem statements for individual work items that are 
proposed in IETF WGs or elsewhere.   This forum is appropriate for 
sharing and discussing, but it is not expected to develop protocols or 
technologies.

Breadth of topic areas includes:
	. (end to end) transport, distribution and production of video, across 
multiple (potential) architectures,
	. the existing architectures
	. working within low-resourced networks.

This includes signaling, MPEG multimedia, subtitles, containers and 
gateways/gateway performance.

The important outcomes of discussion are:  knowledge sharing and help in 
framing problem statements and finding appropriate venues to address 
them.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
GGIE mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ggie

---

From: "Roni Even (A)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 07:29:20 +0000

Hi Leslie,
This works for me.
As for a meeting room look in the meeting wiki https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/ietf101
Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: GGIE [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Leslie Daigle
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2018 1:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [GGIE] Video Content Handling -- informal meeting at IETF 101 in London?

Hi,

Once again,  if there are enough people interested in discussions (along the lines scoped out below), we should get together at the IETF in London.

I’m proposing we meet on Tuesday afternoon, say at 4:30pm, assuming we 
can find a room (has anyone seen reservable rooms?).   Please let me 
know if you are interested (and how many of you there are, if responding on behalf of a bunch of people :-) ).

Thanks,
Leslie.

--

---

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB/Cambridge)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 09:02:03 +0000

Hi Leslie,

Couple of people interested from our side.

The proposed time works fine - I suggest we pin this down as quickly as possible.

Cheers, thanks
t

On 02/03/2018, 23:10, "GGIE on behalf of Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Leslie.

--