Subject: Protocol Action: Expectations for Computer Security Incident Response to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:22:18 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Expectations for Computer
Security Incident Response' <draft-ietf-grip-framework-irt-08.txt> as a
BCP.  This document is the product of the Guidelines and
Recommendations for Security Incident Processing Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Harald Alvestrand and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
   The purpose of this document is to express the general Internet
   community's expectations of Computer Security Incident Response
   Teams (CSIRTs).

   CSIRT constituents have a legitimate need and right to fully
   understand the policies and procedures of 'their' Computer Security
   Incident Response Team.  One way to support this understanding is to
   supply detailed information which users may consider, in the form of
   a formal template completed by the CSIRT.  An outline of such a
   template and a filled in example are provided.

Working Group Summary

   The working group had consensus on issuing the document as BCP.

Protocol Quality

  The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand.