Subject: grow: [GROW] Draft action from the Vienna meeting

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:21:43 -0700

Folks,

	The consensus of the people present at the GROW meeting
	in Vienna was that the following drafts *NOT* be adopted
	as working group documents. Please confirm your consensus
	(or lack thereof) that these documents should *NOT* be
	adopted as GROW documents (remembering that consensus
	actually occurs on the mailing list):

	  draft-ietf-grow-bgp-redistribution-00.txt
          draft-turk-bgp-dos-04.txt
          draft-grow-bounded-longest-match-04.txt

	Thanks,

	Dave

____________________________________________________________
Web Archive:     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:25:04 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> 	  draft-ietf-grow-bgp-redistribution-00.txt

This one mostly seems to be in need or work based on the new flexible
communities.

>           draft-grow-bounded-longest-match-04.txt

Why not? I think this is generally useful.

Russ

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:06:16 -0400

Dave,

Was there a particular reason why the documents were rejected as
working group documents?

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:33:42 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I would like to know, particularly, for draft-grow-longest.

:-)

Russ

---

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 11:46:07 +0200

David,
> 	  draft-ietf-grow-bgp-redistribution-00.txt

I am a bit surprised by your email. Within ptomaine, there was consensus
to support this draft and a last call had already been issues. In June
you asked us to resubmit the document as a GROW WG draft and now it
seems that there is no consensus anymore.

I have to admit that I am suprised and would appreciate somme additional
information.

Best regards,

Olivier Bonaventure

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:13:32 -0700

Oliver/All,

>> I have to admit that I am suprised and would appreciate somme additional

I'm waiting on the minutes just to be sure that I don't
mis-remember something. Anyone else who was there is free to
speak up...

Dave