Subject: grow: draft-ietf-grow-anycast-01

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:45:52 -0400

Hi,

We just submitted a revision to draft-ietf-grow-anycast-00, which
should be on-line in the usual places in due course. It's also
attached, since this is a busy time for I-Ds, and "in due course" may
wind up being a more than trivial delay. Apologies for not producing
this revision more quickly.

Updates from -00 include:

   + commentary on RFC3513 prohibition of host-based anycast in v6
removed, since the successor to that document has waived the
restrictions concerned

   + clarifications suggested by Pekka and others

   + general wordsmithing

   + the references section has been split into normative/informative

   + addition of acknowledgement section

   + addition of "change history" section, to be removed upon
publication, to aid review

The draft looks well-cooked to us, but of course we are always keen
to hear suggestions about improvements. Kurtis will be making a brief
summary of the changes that led to this revision in Paris.

We are proposing that this draft ultimately be put forward by the
working group for publication as BCP.

Joe

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:23:36 -0400

> this revision more quickly.

The draft can now be found at

   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-anycast-01.txt>

Joe

_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:56:40 +0300 (EEST)

>> summary of the changes that led to this revision in Paris.

I think you'll need to add a normative reference to 
draft-ietf-ipv6-addr-arch-v4-04.txt (in some logical place) now that 
the v6 anycast language was lifted.  That's not a problem though as 
the that doc is in RFC ed queue.

Other than that, I think this is ready for WG last call.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:34:25 -0400

> the that doc is in RFC ed queue.

Agreed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Joe