Subject: grow: BCP0122 RFC 4632 on Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR): The Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:51:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP0122        
        RFC 4632

        Title:      Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR): The 
                    Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan 
        Author:     V. Fuller, T. Li
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 66944

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4632.txt

This memo discusses the strategy for address assignment of the
existing 32-bit IPv4 address space with a view toward conserving the
address space and limiting the growth rate of global routing state.
This document obsoletes the original Classless Inter-domain Routing
(CIDR) spec in RFC 1519, with changes made both to clarify the concepts
it introduced and, after more than twelve years, to update the
Internet community on the results of deploying the technology described.  
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/