Subject: [GROW] Document Action: 'Requirements for the graceful shutdown of BGP sessions' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:43:03 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for the graceful shutdown of BGP sessions'
  (draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-07.txt) as an
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements/

         Technical Summary
	     This document specifies the situations where there maybe
             service impact on bgp routed networks as a results of 
             maintanance related to BGP peers.  The document describes
             the service impact from maintainance along with the cause
             of said impact.  A series of goals, and network topologies
             for which solutions should encompass are laid out as a 
	     guideline for future work.

          Working Group Summary
             The document was actively worked on in the GROW working 
             group, with members, including network operators, providing
             feedback on the document.  The document recieved working
             group concensus.

          Document Quality
             This document covers real world causes of the BGP protocol
             as deployed in a variety of networks.  Direct experience
             with the issues described have been incorporated in the
             document.

          Personnel
             The document has been reviewed by Peter Schoenmaker (WG
             co-chair.)  Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu are the ops area
             directors.