Subject: Re: [GROW] [WGAC] Working group adoption call: draft-sriram-route-leak-problem-definition

From: p krishnaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:43:21 -0500

Supporting  wg adoption of this draft.

Padma

________________________________________
From: GROW <[email-masked]> on behalf of Christopher Morrow <
[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:23 PM
To: [email-masked] [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [GROW] [WGAC] Working group adoption call:
draft-sriram-route-leak-problem-definition

Howdy grow folks,
During the meeting on Monday Sriram brought up the topic of asking for
working-group adoption for this draft:

  draft-sriram-route-leak-problem-definition

The abstract is:
  " A systemic vulnerability of the Border Gateway Protocol routing
   system, known as 'route leaks', has received significant attention in
   recent years.  Frequent incidents that result in significant
   disruptions to Internet routing are labeled "route leaks", but to
   date we have lacked a common definition of the term.  In this
   document, we provide a working definition of route leaks, keeping in
   mind the real occurrences that have received significant attention.
   Further, we attempt to enumerate (though not exhaustively) different
   types of route leaks based on observed events on the Internet.  We
   aim to provide a taxonomy that covers several forms of route leaks
   that have been observed and are of concern to Internet user community
   as well as the network operator community."

Could we have a 2.5wk (so we don't end mid-week losing half a week to the
meeting) adoption thought/vote/discussion for this draft in GROW, please?

At the mic when asked about this topic there were roughly 20 or so folk in
favor of adoption, and none opposed to that direction.

-chris

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

---

From: p krishnaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:20:06 -0500

not sure this got through.
Resend; support wg adoption..
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: p krishnaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [GROW] [WGAC] Working group adoption call:
draft-sriram-route-leak-problem-definition
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Padma

Howdy grow folks,

The abstract is:

-chris