Subject: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations-05.txt> (IRR & Routing Policy Configuration Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:46:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'IRR & Routing Policy Configuration Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations-05.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The purpose of this document is to catalog past issues influencing
   the efficacy of Internet Routing Registries (IRR) for inter-domain
   routing policy specification and application in the global routing
   system over the past two decades.  Additionally, it provides a
   discussion regarding which of these issues are still problematic in
   practice, and which are simply artifacts that are no longer
   applicable but continue to stifle inter-provider policy-based
   filtering adoption and IRR utility to this day.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.