Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:53:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Monitoring Protocol
        Authors         : John Scudder
                          Rex Fernando
                          Stephen Stuart
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-08-11

Abstract:
   This document defines a protocol, BMP, that can be used to monitor
   BGP sessions.  BMP is intended to provide a convenient interface for
   obtaining route views.  Prior to introduction of BMP, screen-scraping
   was the most commonly-used approach to obtaining such views.  The
   design goals are to keep BMP simple, useful, easily implemented, and
   minimally service-affecting.  BMP is not suitable for use as a
   routing protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:01:29 -0400

Hi All,

This version adds a sentence to S. 8.1 ("Multiple Instances") to correct an issue Peter Schoenmaker pointed out as part of his review.

    Different BMP 
    instances SHOULD generate Initiation Messages that are distinct 
    from one another, for example by using distinguishable sysNames 
    or by inclusion of instance-identifying information in a string 
    TLV.

FYI,

--John

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 5:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow