Subject: [GROW] RFC 7682 on Considerations for Internet Routing Registries (IRRs) and Routing Policy Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:32:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7682

        Title:      Considerations for Internet Routing Registries 
                    (IRRs) and Routing Policy Configuration 
        Author:     D. McPherson, S. Amante,
                    E. Osterweil, L. Blunk,
                    D. Mitchell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 47996
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7682

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7682

The purpose of this document is to catalog issues that influenced the
efficacy of Internet Routing Registries (IRRs) for inter-domain
routing policy specification and application in the global routing
system over the past two decades.  Additionally, it provides a
discussion regarding which of these issues are still problematic in
practice, and which are simply artifacts that are no longer
applicable but continue to stifle inter-provider policy-based
filtering adoption and IRR utility to this day.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC