Subject: [GROW] Document Action: 'Use of BGP Large Communities' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 08:48:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of BGP Large Communities'
  (draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage/

Technical Summary

  This document presents examples and inspiration for operator's
   application of BGP Large Communities.  Based on operational
   experience with BGP Communities, this document suggests logical
   categories of BGP Large Communities and demonstrates an orderly
   manner of organizing community values within them to achieve typical
   goals in routing policy.  Any operator can consider using the
   concepts presented as the basis for their own BGP Large Communities
   repertoire.

Working Group Summary

   Document did not generate a huge amount of discussion,
   but that is likely because it is simply examples of what can
   be done with BGP Large Communities, and how operators
   might choose to deploy / use them. 

Document Quality

   Document is clear and well written. It received discussion
   and review in the WG, and additional feedback (incorporated)
   during LC / directorate review.
   This document provides examples and concepts on how operators
   might choose to layout / use BGP Large Communities.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd - [email-masked]
  Responsible Area Director - [email-masked]