Subject: OPENARCH 2000: Early Registration is by February 28th

From: "Schneider, Marco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:07:59 -0600

[Apologies for the multiple copies many of you will receive.-- MS]

The Third IEEE Conference on Open Architectures and Network Programming  
			  (OPENARCH 2000)
		Call For Participation and Advanced Program 
		   Tel Aviv, Israel, March 26-27, 2000 	

Advances in open signaling and control, active networks, mobility
management, transportable software, Web-based services access, and
distributed systems technologies are driving a reexamination of existing
network software architectures and the evolution of control and management
systems away from traditional constrained solutions. The Third IEEE
Conference on Open Architectures and Network Programming invites
participation in this international forum on open programmable networks.
OPENARCH 2000 will foster a better understanding of network software
architecture and the techniques becoming available to make it simpler, more
flexible, and more robust. In the spirit of the first and second
conferences, OPENARCH 2000 will provide researchers and developers with a
focused opportunity to present and discuss current work and future
directions in the systems, techniques, and performance of open
architectures. There will be an official Proceedings. 

For the latest information on OPENARCH 2000 see the conference web page:
http://comet.ctr.columbia.edu/activities/openarch2000/

OPENARCH 2000 is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society and will be
co-located and organized in conjunction with INFOCOM 2000.  Registration
information for OPENARCH 2000  is available at
http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/registration.html

Please Note:
Special Hotel Rate Deadline is January 24th
Early Registration Deadline is February 28th

ADVANCED PROGRAM
------------------------------------------
Sunday, 26 March 2000 

<morning>

Keynote Talk: "Fears of Open: How To Overcome The Inhibitions of Networks"
Yechiam Yemini (Columbia University)

Papers Session 1: Programmability

"Lightweight, Dynamic and Programmable Virtual Private Networks"
Rebecca Isaacs (University of Cambridge)

"NetTap: An Efficient and Reliable PC-Based Platform for Network
Programming"
Stephen Blott, Jose' Brustoloni and Cliff Martin (Bell Laboratories, Lucent
Technologies)

"Enabling Service Creation in Programmable Mobile Networks"
Michael E. Kounavis (Columbia University), Andrew T. Campbell (Columbia U.),
Gen Ito (NEC Corporation) and Giuseppe Bianchi (University of Palermo)

<afternoon>

Papers Session 2: Active Networks

"Tags for High Performance Active Networks"
Tilman Wolf (Washington University, St. Louis), Dan Decasper (Washington U.)
and Christian Tschudin (Uppsala University) 

"Towards an IP Accounting Infrastructure"
Franco Travostino (Nortel Networks Labs)

"Seraphim: Dynamic Interoperable Security Architecture for Active Networks"
Zhaoyu Liu, Prasad Naldurg, Seung Yi, Roy. H. Campbell and M. Dennis
Mickunas (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)

"Exposing the Network: Support for Topology-sensitive Applications"
Y. Chae, S. Merugu, E. Zegura (Georgia Tech)  and S. Bhattacharjee
(University of Maryland)

Panel Session: "Is there good start-up potential in programmable/active
networks?"
Organizer: Gisli Hjalmtysson (AT&T Labs)

-------------------------------------------
Monday 27 March 2000
<morning>

Keynote Talk:  "The Adaptable, Self-reforming SocialNet System through
ActiveNet Technologies"
Masanori Kataoka (Systems Development Laboratory, Hitachi)

Papers Session 3: Architectures

"Lightweight Policing and Charging for Packet Networks"
Bob Briscoe, Mike Rizzo, Jerome Tassel, Kostas Damianakis and Nicolai Guba
(BT Laboratories) 

"A Reliability Model for Distributed Adaptation"
Mark Yarvis, Peter Reiher and Gerald J. Popek (University of California, Los
Angeles)
 
"The Pronto Platform: A Flexible Toolkit for Programming Networks using a
Commodity Operating System"
Gisli Hjalmtysson (AT&T Labs)

"A Scalable Architecture for Active Networks"
Raghupathy Sivakumar, Sungwook Han and Vaduvur Bharghavan (University of
Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)

<afternoon>

Papers Session 4: Languages

"A New Dynamic Architecture for an Active Network"
Amila Fernando, Bob Kummerfeld, Alan Fekete and Michael Hitchens (University
of Sydney)

"A Language-Based Approach to Programmable Networks"
Ian Wakeman (University of Sussex), Alan Jeffrey (DePaul University) and Tim
Owen (University of Sussex)

Short Papers Session
Organizer: Ian Marshall, BT Labs

Closing Remarks
-------------------------------------------
For additional information, see the OPENARCH 2000 web page, or contact the
Technical Program Chair:

David Hutchison 
Program Chair, OpenArch 2000
Computing Department
Lancaster University
Lancaster LA1 4YR
UK
email: [email-masked]