Subject: multipoint label issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 23:08:15 -0600

Hi,

One of my action items from the editing session was to recommend
a mechanism for multipoint label support.  That is some support
for switches who have a specialized set of labels specialized
for multipoint connections.  

I suggest adding a Multipoint Query flag to the Label request message.   The
switch would then either respond with the list
of specialized multipoint labels or with an error code indicating
that there were no multipoint labels.

---

M: Multipoint Query 
If the Multipoint Query flag is set the switch must respond with the current
range of valid specialized multipoint labels. The current label range is not
changed by a request message with the Multipoint Query flag set.

....

If the Multipoint Query flag is set in the request message, and the switch
does not support a range of valid multipoint labels then the switch must
reply with a failure response message with the Code field se to,
"Specialized multipoint labels not supported" The Min Label and Max Label
fields are not used in the Multipoint Query request message.

regards,

a.
-----------------------------------
avri doria
Office: +1 781 993 4645
Mobile: +1 781 308 7680