Subject: Last Minute Last Call Comments

From: Jaroslaw Sydir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:12:05 -0700

These comments apply to the GSMP spec.

Editorial comments:

1) In section 3.1.1 in the description of Result, the word "State" is
spelled "Sate"

2) In section 4.1 in the description of the O flag, the description
should read "The opaque flag indicates whether the adaptation FIELD is
opaque..."

3) In section 6.1 in the description of the Reset Input Port field, the
statement "All connections that arrive at the specified input port" is
misleading in that "arrive" implies dynamic behavior that is not
intended. It would read better if the word "arrive" was replaced with
"originate".

4) In section 7.1 in the description of the TC Block Length the word
"field" is mistyped (it is "filed" in the text).

5) In section 7.3 the line "x: Unused" can probably be deleted.

6) In section 8.1 in the description of MType in the list of mtypes, the
first two line have funky characters instead of dashes.

Technical Comment: The response to the Statistics Messages include cell
count fields which are specific to ATM. This breaks with the rest of the
document where technology specific field are identified as such. Is it
the case that for a non ATM port these fields are not used? If so this
should be stated in the document.

---

From: "Kenneth Sundell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:53:47 +0200

Hi Jerry,
thanks for your input. the authors will get together and reply to your
comments shortly.

regards,
ken

--
Kenneth Sundell
Routing Architecture Lab, Nortel Networks Sweden
phone: +46 8 5088-3538, mobile +46 70 665-7838