Subject: Brief Meeting report

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:21:45 +0100

This is a brief report for the subIP ADs and for the GSMP participants who did
not attend the IETF51 meeting.  The full and official minutes will be
available some time in the future.

The GSMP held at IETF51 covered issues both relating to the ID currently
under review by the IESG and the progress being made on the newer chartered
work items.

Re: the drafts currently in review

The issues which had been brought up by the ADs were discussed as well as the
fixes needed to resolve these issues.  New versions of the drafts with these
fixes will be available in several weeks.  None of the issues require 
substantive changes to the documents.

Additioanlly two implementors issues where discussed and solutions proposed:

1. The request made in draft-kullgren-gsmp-message-format-00.txt to move
   lables to the end of message data fields was accepted by those assembled.
   The changes will be included in the next revision of the drafts.

2. The meaning of the message length field was discussed.  The rough 
   consensus of the room was that I had erred in version -09 
   when clarifying the ambiguity about whether the length included any 
   optional proprietary data that a user might append to the end of message 
   (as allowed by the protocol).  The rough consensus of the group was that 
   this extra data SHOULD be included in the message length.  The draft will
   be ammended to reflect this.

Since the first issue outlined above might impact other implementors 
adversly, it was decided by the group that the WG should hold a 2 week 
last call after the drafts are re-released.  This last call will only 
pertain to the changes made between -09 and -10 of draft-ietf-gsmp-10.txt.

Re: Newer charter items.

The design teams reported on their progress.  While progress is being made,
the fact that the requirements design team is not fully formed is a risk.
Efforts are underway to recruit a few new members to this team.

Avri Doria

co-chair

+1 401 663 5024
===============