Subject: [GSMP] fwd: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) to Proposed Standard

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:13:06 +0100

The following was sent to the wrong GSMP address so those not on
the IETF announcements list might have missed it.
I have also been informed by the ADs that the other documents have
also been approved and that the announcment on those is due out shortly.
Thanks to all for their efforts.
-----------------------------------

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the General 
Switch Management    Protocol (GSMP) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:13:33 -0500
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board 
<[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP)'
<draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document is
the product of the General Switch Management Protocol Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary

   The General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) is a general purpose 
protocol
   to control a label switch. GSMP allows a controller to establish and
   release connections across the switch, to manage switch ports and to
   request configuration information or statistics. It also allows the 
switch
   to inform the controller of asynchronous events such as a link going 
down.

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) to
   support GSMP for use with network management protocols in the Internet
   community.

Working Group Summary

   The working group supports this specification, and no issues were raised
   during IETF last-call.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp