Subject: [GSMP] Fwd: Protocol Action: General Switch Management Protocol V3 to Proposed Standard

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:12:40 +0100

As promised, here is the annoncement for the rest of the GSMP documents.

Again thanks to all for their efforts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

     * To: IETF-Announce: ;
     * Subject: Protocol Action: General Switch Management Protocol V3 
to Proposed Standard
     * From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
     * Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:13:04 -0500
     * Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
     * Sender: [email-masked]

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts:

  o General Switch Management Protocol V3 <draft-ietf-gsmp-11.txt> as a
    Proposed Standard.

  o GSMP Packet Encapsulations for ATM, Ethernet and TCP
    <draft-ietf-gsmp-encaps-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

  o General Switch Management Protocol Applicability
    <draft-ietf-gsmp-applicability-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.

These documents are the product of the General Switch Management
Protocol Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and
Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary

The General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) is a general purpose protocol
  to control a label switch. GSMP allows a controller to establish and
  release connections across the switch; add and delete leaves on a 
multicast
  connection; manage switch ports; request configuration information; 
request
  and delete reservation of switch resources; and request statistics. It 
also
  allows the switch to inform the controller of asynchronous events such 
as a
  link going down. The GSMP protocol is asymmetric, the controller being the
  master and the switch being the slave. Multiple switches may be controlled
  by a single controller using multiple instantiations of the protocol over
  separate control connections. Also a switch may be controlled by more than
  one controller by using the technique of partitioning, i.e., a "physical"
  switch that is partitioned into several virtual switches.

  The document "General Switch Management Protocol V3" describes the 
protocol
  itself, the document "GSMP Packet Encapsulations for ATM, Ethernet and 
TCP"
  specifies the encapsulation of GSMP packets in ATM, Ethernet and TCP, and
  the document "General Switch Management Protocol Applicability" 
provides an
  overview of the GSMP protocol and includes information relating to its
  deployment in a IP network in an MPLS environment.

Working Group Summary

  The documents represent the consensus of the Working Group.

Protocol Quality

These documents were reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp

---

From: tom worster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:46:01 -0500

and there they are in the rfc editor's queue:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html

does anyone know what the mean waiting time in the queue is?

c u
fsb