Subject: [GSMP] List Problems

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:57:41 +0200

hi,

i am not sure what is going on but it seems there is a problem 
with the list and the ietf listserv.  as far as i can tell this is 
not the only list it is happening on.

i have asked the ietf postmaster for help.

please send complaints directly to me and not to the entire list - 
that only makes it worse.

thank you for you patience.

a.

the listowner.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp

---

From: Dave Goldblatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:10:54 -0400

avri wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am not sure what is going on but it seems there is a problem with 
> the list and the ietf listserv.  as far as i can tell this is not the 
> only list it is happening on.

It's most likely due to a GSMP list member who has managed to get their 
Windows PC infected with a Klez worm variant 
(http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email-masked]). 
   The worm changes the From: for the mail it sends out to a andom 
address; my guess is it sent a pile out with a source of "[email-masked]".

A removal tool is at 
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html.

The other mailing list has nothing to do with it.

This why why I had the permissions set on the old mailing list the way 
they were. ;-)

-dg-