Subject: [GSMP] draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-00.txt

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:23:17 +0100

Hi,

I submitted the base spec with most of the ATM and FR stuff removed. 
This is the change that was discussed in Yokohama. I made very few other 
changes, except for adding a sub-version number.  I have not yet tried 
to respond to any of the specific requirements for change to the base 
spec that are being documented in the requirements spec.

I terms of the split there are still some lingering ATM references (as a 
'wise' reviewer already pointed out to me).  Most of these are prefaced 
by a note indicating that there is a decision to be made here.  I will 
discuss these at the meeting.  The primary issues have to do with 
technology (e.g. ATM, OXC etc...) specific values:
- TLV label types
- some ATM specific flags
- port types
- ATM specific merge flag

The question is:  do technology values belong in the base spec or in the 
technology specific specs?  While doing the division, the answer for all 
cases was not immediately obvious to me.

A major issue has to do with failure response codes.  At the moment 
there are lots of  ATM specific codes in the middle of the range.  We 
will need to add other  technology specific codes.  I still need a good 
way to handle this.  Suggestions invited.

BTW, I did not get the companion draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-l2switch-spec done 
(not even really started) and am looking for a volunteer to take on 
editorship responsibilities.

See you in Atlanta,

a.
-- 
Avri Doria
http://www.sm.luth.se/~avri/

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp