Subject: [GSMP] Status on Base Spec

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:47:11 +0900

(since i asked every team - or individual - working on a
  WG draft to send in a report of their status, I might as well
  go first)

draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-02.txt   submitted 30 June

Changes since draft-ietf-gsmpv3-base-01

    1.  Added MSG 24 - Triggered Add

    2.  Added MSG 25 - Block Add

    3.  Generalized Capability Set definition for technology specific
        use.

    4.  Remove VPI specific text in Report Connection State MSG.

    5.  Removed reference to static partitions and added mention of
        Partition Manager notifying switch and controller of partition
        resource changes

Things that Remain to be done:

- add notation that 8 event flags (8-15)
   are reserved for technology specific definition

- addition of a technology specific block to msg 64
    (switch configuration message)

- msg 65 - the porttype specific data needs generalization.

- add block to port configuration message to support port
   specific adaptations.

- update label management

- update statistics messages

- update layer switching information

- extend port configuration command

- deal with protection  ( i spent a lot of time thinking
   about this one and am still working on it - i have
   a partial draft with some changes - but still have a lot
   of questions - i will send a message on this topic soon)

- make some of the clarifications and corrections the
requirements spec includes in section 3.

On most of these,  i want to consult with the authors of the other
   specs to make sure i get it right.  Most of it is trivial to change
   especially in the base spec since i am largely creating blocks
   the technology specific folks need to fill in.  this is not the case,
   of course, with the protection issue.

   draft-ietf-gsmpv3-optical-spec-02 has some suggestions that
   i am have been using as template suggestions for some of these
   issues, but i think we need to make sure the solutions work for all
   of the specifications.

The editors are planning to work together while we are in Vienna.
  Concerns should be posted to the list.  I plan to work on finishing
the changes after this meeting - as opposed to waiting until just
before the next meeting as i did this time.

Note: draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-02.txt has awful page breaks in
a lot of the message pictures.  i need to fix this, and am hoping the
xml2rfc folks come up with a clever solution - otherwise it will take 
putting
in page breaks by hand for all of the pictures that break.  i only plan
to do that near the end of this editing cycle.
BTW, i am not complaining about xml2rfc.  I think it is wonderful and
recommend it highly.

a.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp