Subject: Deadline Extension - Call for Papers: Special Issue on �Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks: Emerging Trends and Current Perspectives�, Journal of Network and Computer Applications - Elsevier

From: Jaime Lloret Mauri<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:46:13 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Papers: Special Issue on “Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks:
Emerging Trends and Current Perspectives”, Journal of Network and Computer
Applications - Elsevier

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-network-and-computer-applications/call-for-papers/underwater-acoustic-sensor-networks-emerging-trends-and-curr

Paper submission: August 15, 2016 (Extended)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Editors

Sabu M Thampi, IIITM-Kerala, India [email-masked]}
Jaime Lloret Mauri, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain {
[email-masked]}
Robin Doss, Deakin University, Australia [email-masked]}

Introduction

Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks (UWSNs) provide promising solutions to
monitor the underwater environment. The UWSN is characterized by high
propagation delay, dense node deployment, unreliable sensor, frequent
topology change, open communication channel, power limitation, computation,
and memory constraints lead to considerable challenges in their design.
Hence, existing solutions of terrestrial sensor networks cannot be applied
directly to UWSNs. The sustained research work in the last decade has
brought new efficient techniques to sense and monitor marine environments,
but still several issues are unexplored. This special issue aims to bring
together researchers to publish state-of-art research findings in
underwater acoustic sensor networks focusing on both theoretical and
applied techniques.

Topics

-Cooperative Communication and Distributed Sensing
-Coordinated Energy Harvesting Systems
-Cross-Layer Design and Optimization
-Data Collection, Data Fusion, Storage, and Data Retrieval
-Energy Efficient and Intelligent Networking Protocols
-Fault-Resilient Sensing, Storage, and Query Processing
-Attack Resilient UWSNs
-Localization and Time Synchronization
-MAC, Routing and Transport Protocols Specialized for UWSNs
-Modelling and Simulation in UWSNs
-Network Coverage and Node Placement
-Operating System and Middleware Support
-Optical, Acoustic, and Electromagnetic Communications
-Reliable Transport and Quality of Service
-Trust Management for UWSNs
-Underwater Acoustic Sensors
-Underwater Sensor Architectures and Topology Control
-Case Studies, Implementations and Real Deployments

Important Dates

Paper submission: August 15, 2016 (Extended)
Acceptance notification: November 12, 2016
Final papers: December 15, 2016

Submission Format and Guidelines

All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and
contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently
under review for any other journal or conference. A detailed submission
guideline is available as “Guide to Authors” at
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622893/authorinstructions
.

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through
Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select as “SI –Underwater
Acoustic -Thampi” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission
process. The EES website is located at: http://ees.elsevier.com/jnca/