Subject: [HASMAT] Fwd: web security happenings

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:50:32 -0600

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: web security happenings
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:49:20 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: IETF discussion list <[email-masked]>

Just a quick note to clue folks in to some emerging activity on web
security, mostly in the form of the HASMAT BoF at IETF 78.  The theme
here is better application-level security for the "modern" web, which
uses fun technologies like AJAX but also opens up the possibility for
new attacks (cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery,
malvertising, clickjacking, and all the rest).

The proposed charter [0] lays out these issues in greater detail, and
three Internet-Drafts [1] [2] [3] are currently being used as input to
the conversation.  If you go in for video, a relevant talk by BoF
co-organizer Jeff Hodges was recorded at the recent Internet Identity
Workshop. [4]

The BoF organizers will hold an introductory / preparatory conference
call tomorrow, July 14, at 16:00 UTC, and all those who are interested
in the intersection of security and the web are welcome to participate
in this call [5] and in the BoF on Tuesday, July 27, at 13:00 local time
in Maastricht. [6]

Thanks!

Peter

[0] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hasmat/current/msg00006.html
[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-abarth-origin/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hodges-strict-transport-sec/
[4] http://idcoach.blip.tv/file/3650497
[5] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hasmat/current/msg00034.html
[6] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/78/agenda.html

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf