Subject: [HASMAT] draft-hodges-strict-transport-sec-02, effective request URI

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:19:37 +0200

Hi,

here's a question regarding 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hodges-strict-transport-sec-02#section-11>:

as the spec already normatively refers to 
draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging, are you planning to just re-use the 
definition from 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-10.html#rfc.section.4.3> 
in the future? (Feedback on whether this will work for this spec would 
be appreciated).

Best regards, Julian

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:00:53 -0700

> as the spec already normatively refers to draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging,
 > are you planning to just re-use the definition from
 > <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-10.html
 > #rfc.section.4.3> in the future?

I noted this to myself when porting the spec from the old .html community 
version to the I-D version and wondered how long it'd take for this point to be 
raised :)

As far as I can tell, section "4.3.  Effective Request URI" in 
draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-10 meets our needs, and we can remove section 
11 from HSTS and reference the former.

another item for -strict-transport-sec-03

thanks for pointing it out,

=JeffH