Subject: [fmc] Privacy Tutorial in Berlin

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:05:02 -0500

Hi all,

Since privacy is mentioned as an issue especially in the address sharing
solutions, it seems like recently held privacy tutorial in Berlin is very
relevant.

This tutorial is recorded and can be accessed here:

http://recordings.conf.meetecho.com/Recordings/watch.jsp?recording=IETF87_PRIVACY_TUTORIAL&chapter=part_1

The tutorial last about one and half hour, I am currently watching it.

IAB also published an RFC, RFC6973 on Privacy Considerations. RFC 6973 is
also very relevant and useful. It lists in its Section 7 provides guidance
for document authors in the form of a questionnaire about a protocol being
designed and in Section 8 a specific protocol, IETF presence protocol is
taken as an example of the thinking that should go into the design of a
protocol when considering privacy as a first principle.

I think both the tutorial video and RFC 6973 are good material to check for
us, they have come just in time when we needed them :-).

Regards,

Behcet