Subject: [hiaps] Side meeting

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:50:29 -0600

Hi all,

Regarding the side meeting, we had a chat with Dan Wing, Tiru, et al.
It seems like host id/address activity should better direct itself
towards out-of-band solutions rather than inband as discussed in RFC
6967.

Out-of-band solutions can avoid a lot of the issues IETF is concerned
about and may give us an opportunity to do consensus oriented work.

Of course the applicability of such an out-of-band solution could be a
bit limited but I think that the solution could be OK for most of the
use cases we have.

So I wanted to start a discussion on this direction.

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: 🔓Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:29:07 -1000

> towards out-of-band solutions rather than inband as discussed in RFC

RFC6967 describes an out-of-band mechanism in its Section 4.9, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6967#section-4.9

-d

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:35:41 -0600

> RFC6967 describes an out-of-band mechanism in its Section 4.9, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6967#section-4.9

Yes. The discussion is too ident centric and ident is tcp based.
I think there is a lot to do in this area.

Regards,

Behcet