Subject: [HICCUP] IEPREP Relationship

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:40:19 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to understand what the relationship to IEPREP is.
Is there more information available regarding the scope and purpose of 
the work (other than what's written at 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hiccup)

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
HICCUP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hiccup

---

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:59:16 -0400

Hannes,

IEPREP did useful work in this area but did not achieve the re-charter
process.  
The IESG had some concerns. See 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ieprep/current/msg02572.html and
hence
a BOF is needed in order to further the work incorporating the IESG
feedback.   

My understanding is that ieprep will officially be shut-down. We are
discussing holding a HICCUP BOF in Chicago will provide the starting
point.

Kimberly

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [HICCUP] IEPREP Relationship

Hi all,

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:17:42 +0100

I am interested in contributing to this effort, however I don't want to 
take up time rehashing the history if it can be avoided.  Other than 
reading back through the IEPREP list, is there anywhere a summary of the 
lessons learned there?  What goals should and should not be carried over 
to the new effort?  Any contributions, notes, incipient drafts, etc. 
that are worth developing further?   Pits to avoid falling into?

thanks
Ed J.

---

From: "Christou, Christos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:21:22 -0400

I do not have a reference for what you describe.
However, I think the intention of today's discussion was to gauge where to head from here since the IEPREP did not achieve the re-charter.

________________________________

From: Ed Jankiewicz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tue 3/20/2007 11:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [HICCUP] IEPREP Relationship

thanks
Ed J.

---

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:04:29 -0400

Ed,

My view of lessons learned and pitfalls include:

Do not argue about solutions before defining the problem to be solved.

Document that problem to be solved in an internet draft, not just in
email on the list.  Also document the assumptions.

Document any relevant constraints.  If different yet relevant
environments have different constraints, document that too.  

For the work done, see the RFC's produced by checking the ieprep
charter page.  There are other related RfCs and the eventual charter
will have these references.

Kimberly

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Jankiewicz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: King, Kimberly S.; Hannes Tschofenig; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [HICCUP] IEPREP Relationship

take up time rehashing the history if it can be avoided.  Other than 
reading back through the IEPREP list, is there anywhere a summary of
the 
lessons learned there?  What goals should and should not be carried
over 
to the new effort?  Any contributions, notes, incipient drafts, etc. 
that are worth developing further?   Pits to avoid falling into?

thanks
Ed J.