Subject: [Hipsec] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt

From: "Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:47:20 -0800

FYI, for those not already subscribed to i-d-announce.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 12:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A proposal to replace HIP base exchange with 
                          IKE-H method
	Author(s)	: R. Yan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-11-15
	
This document describes using version 2 of the Internet Key Exchange 
   (IKE) to replace current HIP protocol's base exchage. IKE-H is an 
   extension of IKE used for performing mutual authentication and 
   establishing and maintaining security associations. It can be used 
   to provide continuity of communications between not only those hosts

   independent of the networking layer but also security gateway. 

   IKE-H is an extension to the IKEv2. It supports HIP identity 
   authentication method and the establishment of keying material, 
   which is then used by IPsec Encapsulated Security payload (ESP) to 
   establish a two-way secure communication channel between the hosts 
   or security gateway.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yan-hip-ike-h-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec