Subject: [Hipsec] Destination address usage in UPDATE packet processing

From: Mika Kousa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:44:51 +0200 (EET)

Section 8.11 "Processing UPDATE packets" of the base draft does not 
explicitly tell whether the destination address of the reply UPDATE packet 
must be the same as the source address of the received initial UPDATE 
packet.

When I was doing some mobility draft tests, sometimes the UPDATE packet 
was lost because it went to a non-existing address (the case when I 
removed one network card and inserted an other card). This was due to the 
assumption I made based on the base draft, that the reply UPDATE is to be 
always sent to the source address of the initial UPDATE address.

Should the draft explicitly mention that destination address of the reply 
UPDATE packet must be the source address of the received initial UPDATE 
packet ? This requirement should not break the base draft case 
functionality for static hosts and it seems to work well with mobile 
hosts.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec