Subject: Re: [Hipsec] Question about Mobile Router support in HIP

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:39:31 +0100

Hi Joseph,

sorry for late reply (i don't know if you are still interested in this 
issue by now :-)

But in case you are, a very good paper about the issues of supporting 
mobile routers (and other scenarios) when crypt based identities (being 
HIP just one instance of such approach) is "Delegation of signaling 
rights" by P. Nikander and J. Arkko
In this paper you can get a good idea about the problems in this 
scenario and possible approaches to deal with them.

Hope you find it useful (i did)

Regards, marcelo

El 29/11/2004, a las 1:20, Joseph escribió:

> Dear All,
>     I have read some papers mentioned that Mobile Router is not 
> supported in HIP at this moment. In my understanding, the packet is 
> routered by IP but not HI/HIT. Why can't we use current mobile router 
> for HIP at this moment? What makes HIP not able to support current 
> mobile router? Thanks a lot.
> Yours faithfully,
> Joseph

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:54:09 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joseph [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 5:37 AM
> To: Ahrenholz, Jeffrey M; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Hipsec] Question about Mobile Router support in HIP
> 

> But the paper seems to say HIP 
> cannot work
> property when the subnet is mobile

It doesn't say that HIP can't work properly when subnet is mobile--
only that the original HIP proposal didn't have any explicit mechanism
for subnet mobility.

Anyway, I would suggest to direct any more discussion of this to
hipsec-rg list, since this is out of scope for HIP WG.

Thanks,
Tom