Subject: [Hipsec] Problems with the current mailing list situation

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:01:45 +0300

Folks,

I am primarily sending this to the people that read the archives
and may be sending mail to the list without subscribing to it.
In theory that should work, but in practise it does not work right
now.  All posts by people not on the list need to be approved by
a moderator, and I happen to be that moderator.  For a number of
reasons I failed to handle the posts for a few weeks, with the
result that there is currently about 350 mails queued in the
moderator queue.  Most, if not all, of that is spam.  The only
spam filter that we have had was me.

Now, unfortunately, Safari fails to process the mailman admin web
page any more, because it is so big.  Or it does, but it gets so
painfully slow that it is unusable in practise, taking several
minutes to render the page, and then over a minute every time I
click on some widget.  Hence, right now I can't do anything to
process the moderator queue, and it therefore just accumulates.
As a result, if someone sends a legitimate message without being
on the list, it will never get processed.

I am sorry about the situation, but I don't have the cycles to do
anything right now.  We are in the process of moving the list to
another host, but that hasn't happened yet.  However, that doesn't
help with the current queue, which most probably will remain
unprocessed forever.

--Pekka

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec