Subject: [Hipsec] HIP base draft issues

From: Petri Jokela <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:54:27 +0300

Folks,

I found some definition related problems from the base draft.

MSL was not defined in the draft, so I added the following paragraph in
2.3.

"Maximum Segment Lifetime (MSL): Maximum time that a TCP segment
is expected to spend in the network. "

There are conflicting notations in the draft. "|" is defined to be both
concatenation (section 2.2) and "or" operation (section 5.3) and "<x>y"
is defined to be "x encrypted with y" (2.2) and "x exists y
times" (5.3). 

>From these, the following were not used anywhere (or at least I couldn't
find them) and I removed them to avoid conflicting definitions: 

   <x>y indicates that "x" is encrypted with the key "y".
   x|y  x or y 

If you have anything else to add to Notation or Definitions sections,
please give input. 

/petri

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec