Subject: [Hipsec] Base draft and BSD implementation

From: Petri Jokela <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:54:04 +0300

Hi,

I uploaded a new version of the base draft to

http://hip4inter.net/drafts.php
(draft-ietf-hip-base-04-pre080905.xxx)

Changes: The protocol number is now 253, according to RFC3692. The HIT
definition refers now to the new KHI draft (draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00).

Jan uploaded also new versions of the HIP implementation for FreeBSD 5.4
and 6.0 (BETA). See download pages for these releases.

Petri

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:14:13 +0200

On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:54, Petri Jokela wrote:
> Changes: The protocol number is now 253, according to RFC3692. The
> HIT definition refers now to the new KHI draft
> (draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00).

Petri and others,

I tentatively tried to adapt the base draft to reflect further the use 
of the KHI format for HIT. Attached is a proposal text (well, xml :) 
updating the sections:
 
3. Host Identifier (HI) and its Representations
  3.1 Host Identity Tag (HIT)
  3.2 Generating a HIT from a HI

9. IANA Considerations

Appendix B. Generating a HIT from a HI

Comments? Thanks.

--julien

---

From: Petri Jokela <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:02:09 +0300

> of the KHI format for HIT. Attached is a proposal text (well, xml :) 

Thanks Julien!

To make it easier to read, I made changes to the draft and put a new
pre-version out. (Sorry for daily pre-releases, I hope it's not
confusing :-)

The new version is: draft-ietf-hip-base-04-pre090905.xxx

/Petri

---

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:39:10 +0200

(I think daily updates are good :-)

> The new version is: draft-ietf-hip-base-04-pre090905.xxx

Looks good in general.  Some minor suggestions:

To Section 3.2, add a forward reference to Section 5.2.8 (HOST_ID).   
For RSA, either define what hi_len is or use the same terminology as  
in 5.2.8, i.e., HI Length.

TODO later:  Sections C.1 and C.3 should be updated to use the new  
HIT prefix once it has been settled.

--Pekka