Subject: [Hipsec] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hip-base-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-hip-base-06.txt
	Pages		: 102
	Date		: 2006-6-16
	
This memo specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).
HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and maintain shared
IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier and locator
roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of communications
across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a Sigma-compliant Diffie-
Hellman key exchange, using public-key identifiers from a new Host
Identity name space for mutual peer authentication.  The protocol is
designed to be resistant to Denial-of-Service (DoS) and Man-in-the-
middle (MitM) attacks, and when used together with another suitable
security protocol, such as Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP), it
provides integrity protection and optional encryption for upper layer
protocols, suchs as TCP and UDP.  Discussion related to this document
is going on at the IETF HIP Working Group mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-base-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hip-base-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-base-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec