Subject: [Hipsec] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:49:59 +0200

FYI,

--julien

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable 
                          Cryptographic Hash Identifiers (ORCHID)
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, et al.
	Filename	: draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
This document introduces Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
   Identifiers (ORCHID) as a new, experimental class of IPv6-address-
   like identifiers.  These identifiers are intended to be used as end-
   point identifiers at applications and APIs and not as identifiers for
   network location at the IP layer, i.e., locators.  They are designed
   to appear as application layer entities and at the existing IPv6
   APIs, but they should not appear in actual IPv6 headers.  To make
   them more like vanilla IPv6 addresses, they are expected to be
   routable at an overlay level.  Consequently, while they are
   considered as non-routable addresses from the IPv6 layer point of
   view, all existing IPv6 applications are expected to be able to use
   them in a manner compatible with current IPv6 addresses.

   This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of the
   IPv6 addressing space for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
   Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec