Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Basic HIP Extensions for Traversal of Network Address Translators and Firewalls
	Author(s)       : M. Komu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2008-02-25

The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) provides a new namespace that can be
used for uniquely identifying hosts.  Existing HIP experimental
specifications do not specify protocol operations across Network
Address Translators (NATs).

This document specifies NAT traversal extensions for HIP.  The HIP
shim layer is located between the network and transport layer, the
extensions can also provide a more general-purpose NAT traversal
support for higher-layer networking applications.  The extensions are
based on the use of the The Interactive Connectivity Establishment
(ICE) methodology to discover a working path between two end-hosts.
Using the specified extensions, two HIP-capable hosts are able to
communicate with each other even when both nodes are behind NATs or
firewalls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec