Subject: [Hipsec-rg] WoWMoM 2007: Call for Demos
From: jo at netlab.tkk.fi (Joerg Ott)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:09:17 +0200

Call for Demos
==============

http://ieee-wowmom.tml.hut.fi/

Submission deadline: 28 February 2007

The demo track of IEEE WoWMoM 2007 solicits demonstrations in the world
of wireless, mobile, and multimedia communications. We are looking for
demonstrations of recent or ongoing research work that will showcase the
research and inspire discussion and interaction with the attendees at
WoWMoM 2007. We invite participation from both academia and industry
demonstrating novel research results.

Demonstrations will be presented in a designated demonstration slot in
the conference program. The number of demos presented will be kept low
in order to allow the full attention of the conference participants.

WoWMoM 2007 will have a "Best Demo Award" based upon both the technical
contribution and the demonstrator "showcase".

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

     * System prototypes and experiences
     * QoS for voice and video in wireless networks
     * IP-based wireless multimedia applications and systems
     * Multimedia multicasting and broadcasting
     * Handoff and mobility management
     * Seamless internetworking and self-organization
     * Network management and control
     * Context-aware wireless multimedia applications
     * Location mechanism and services
     * Content management and distribution
     * Multimedia applications and systems in vehicular, mesh,
       and ad-hoc networks

Demo proposals shall be short papers of no more than 3 pages (IEEE
conference template, font size no less than 10pt) which will be reviewed
by the Program Committee. The proposals should introduce the background,
describe the key contributions of the author(s), and state what the
demonstrator will show.

A one-page appendix shall provide a comprehensive description of the
demonstration and list all the technical requirements such as equipment
(to be brought by the presenters) and other resources (such as # WLAN
channels, Internet access, etc.), and also include a description of the
demo presentation, e.g., are visitors involved, is a prototype presented
that can be used by visitors, etc.

The short papers of the accepted demo proposals will be included as a
conference supplement, published by IEEE. It serves to inform the
audience of the details behind the demo, and as a permanent record of
the demo. Both the short paper and appendix must be submitted as a
single PDF document by 28 February 2007.

Important Dates:

     * Submission deadline: 28 February 2007
     * Acceptance Notification: 20 March 2007
     * Camera ready deadline: 15 April 2007
     * Conference date: 18-21 June 2007

Paper submission will be handled through EDAS:
http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5262.

J?rg Ott and James Scott
IEEE WoWMoM 2007 demo chairs

From: fu at cs.uni-goettingen.de (Xiaoming Fu)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:13:59 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] CFP: MobiArch'07
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
               The Second International Workshop on
    Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2007)
                   Kyoto, Japan, August 27, 2007
        (to be held with ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, 2007)
       http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, user, terminal, and network mobility has become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and it is likely to
continue in the near future, while affecting the whole architectural
design of the future Internet. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimization, locator-identifier split, multihoming,
security, and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles, and business models will require rethinking due
to the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

MobiArch'07 welcomes submissions, from both researchers and
practitioners, in exploration of recent advances in architectures,
protocols, and experiences with emerging technologies on wireless and
mobility over the Internet, with an emphasis on wireless infrastructures
and mobility patterns for mobility support, new mobility protocols,
service discovery, routing and location management, mobile network
performance evaluation and modeling, multi-homing, security,
architectural impacts and deployment considerations.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Topics of MobiArch?07 cover all aspects of architectural issues and
system support for wireless and mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:

- Impacts of new wireless technologies/services and mobility patterns on
the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Location management, positioning and data management systems for
wireless and mobility
- Routing and addressing, including locator/identifier split issues and
their impacts to the Internet architecture
- IP multihoming including flow distribution and load sharing for
wireless and mobility
- Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of mobility in
the Internet
- Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and impacts to
Internet architecture
- Economic, scalability and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure
design
- Mechanisms and issues with connecting developing regions into the Internet

Following the success of MobiArch'06, the MobiArch'07 workshop will be a
single-track one-day workshop. Early stages, position papers, systems
and measurement papers will be particularly welcome. The proceedings
will be published by the ACM and ACM digital library.

Submissions:
===========
Submissions must be made to MobiArch'07 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/5238, following the guidelines in MobiArch'07 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007

Important Dates:
===============
Abstract registration:    March 20, 2007
Submission Deadline:      March 27, 2007
Acceptance Notification:  May 15, 2007
Camera-ready version due: June 12, 2007
MobiArch'07 Workshop:     August 27, 2007
SIGCOMM'07:               August 27-31, 2007

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
=================
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen (Germany)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (USA)
Sue Moon, KAIST (Korea)
Ryuji Wakikawa, Keio University (Japan)

PUBLICITY CHAIR
===============
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge (UK)

QUESTIONS
=========
Please consult the Program Co-Chairs
(mobiarch at informatik.uni-goettingen.de) if you are uncertain whether
your paper falls within the scope of the workshop.

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:32:47 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] meeting at IETF68
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

We've requested a meeting slot on Friday afternoon, as usual, for HIPRG
meeting at IETF68 in Prague. Please send an email if you would like to
present/demo at the meeting.

Andrei