Subject: [hiprg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-05

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:45:55 -0400

This is what I put together to make today's cutoff.

I still have not completely reconciled HIP DEX with HIP BEX, that is 
edits have been made to text in BEX that is duplicatted in DEX and I 
have not completed the cutting and pasting.  So I will have one last 
update that will be on my personal server before the meeting.  However 
there will probably NOT be any meaty changes before the meeting unless 
someone comes to me with some good comments (and yes, Miika, I am still 
working through your notes).

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 4:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-05

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-05.txt has been
successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex
Revision:	 05
Title:		 HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Creation_date:	 2011-03-14
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 35

Abstract:
This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
EXchange (HIP BEX) [RFC5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
crypto primitives as possible yet still deliver the same class of
security features as HIP BEX.

The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
memory and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
is supported by IEEE 802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2006].

The IETF Secretariat.