Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-via-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:45:07 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Multi-hop Routing Extension
	Author(s)       : G. Camarillo, A. Keranen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-via-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-06-22

This document specifies two extensions to HIP to implement multi-hop
routing.  The first extension allows implementing source routing in
HIP.  That is, a node sending a HIP packet can define a set of nodes
that the HIP packet should traverse.  The second extension allows a
HIP packet to carry and record the list of nodes that forwarded it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-via-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:07:53 +0300

Hi all,

FYI, this version contains fixes to IESG, Gen-ART, etc. LC reviews. Most 
notably:

- Added 'Fragmentation Considerations' section
- Added more security considerations
- Added ROUTE_{VIA,DST} flags to IANA section
- Changed all 'hosts' to 'nodes' in the text
- Clarified the behavior with ROUTE_DST parameter and MUST_FOLLOW flag
- Clarified that the draft is about HIP *signaling* packets
- Clarified difference between 'receiver' and 'final recipient'

Cheers,
Ari