Subject: [Hipsec] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7401 (6653)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 07:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7401,
"Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6653

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2

Original Text
-------------
   | TRANSPORT_FORMAT_LIST  | 2049  | Ordered   | variable             |
   |                        |       | list of   |                      |
   |                        |       | preferred |                      |
   |                        |       | HIP       |                      |
   |                        |       | transport |                      |
   |                        |       | type      |                      |
   |                        |       | numbers   |                      |
   |                        |       |           |                      |

Corrected Text
--------------
   | TRANSPORT_FORMAT_LIST  | 2049  |  variable | Ordered              |
   |                        |       |           | list of              |
   |                        |       |           | preferred            |
   |                        |       |           | HIP                  |
   |                        |       |           | transport            |
   |                        |       |           | type                 |
   |                        |       |           | numbers              |
   |                        |       |           |                      |

Notes
-----
The values in the columns are swapped.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7401 (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-20)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)
Publication Date    : April 2015
Author(s)           : R. Moskowitz, Ed., T. Heer, P. Jokela, T. Henderson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Host Identity Protocol
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 08:41:58 -0700

I agree with the report that these table values are swapped.
- Tom

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 09:10:05 -0400

Agreed.

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit