Subject: [HOKEY] WG status/WGLCs

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:20:31 +0100

Hi,

In the hokey meeting just now, I asked the following question:

"How many people who are not chairs have read a document for
which they are not an author?"

The answer, in the room, was zero.

Given the lack of traffic on the mailing list, its also not
clear to me that the answer on the list is substantially
different.

That's not a good sign, and pretty much means that hokey
documents today are no different from independent submissions.

If the situation persists, then I'll be talking to the chairs
about what action to take, which may include just closing
hokey and letting people who care try find an AD to sponsor
their documents, or take them via the independent submission
route as informational documents.

At the meeting, the chairs announced they are starting WGLC
on two documents and asked me to send this to the list to
emphasise that there's not much point in being a WG if we're
not acting as a WG.

But, there's a really simple way to solve this: read and
comment on the documents in WGLC in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Stephen.

PS: Note that this is not a situation where anyone in
particular is at fault - the chairs are working hard to
get your input, but it sometimes happens that events
conspire so that interest levels and/or WG participant
availability are not sufficient to justify continuing
as a WG.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:52:50 +0200

[Lionel] Fair statement!
[Lionel] I would just add that the question were about the latest
version of the drafts. It makes a difference... at least for me.
[Lionel] Nevertheless, I totally understand your point. And do my best
during the wglc period... or even before :)

Best Regards,

Lionel
_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:54:28 +0000

Thank you, Stephen and Lionel.

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [HOKEY] WG status/WGLCs

[Lionel] Fair statement!

Best Regards,

Lionel