Subject: [HOKEY] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 23:03:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Handover Keying (HOKEY) Architecture Design
	Author(s)       : Glen Zorn
                          Qin Wu
                          Tom Taylor
                          Katrin Hoeper
                          Sebastien Decugis
                          Yoav Nir
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-07-10

   The Handover Keying (HOKEY) Working Group seeks to minimize handover
   delay due to authentication when a peer moves from one point of
   attachment to another.  Work has progressed on two different
   approaches to reduce handover delay: early authentication (so that
   authentication does not need to be performed during handover), and
   reuse of cryptographic material generated during an initial
   authentication to save time during re-authentication.  A starting
   assumption is that the mobile host or &quot;peer&quot; is initially
   authenticated using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP),
   executed between the peer and an EAP server as defined in RFC 3748.

   This document documents the HOKEY architecture.  Specifically, it
   describes design objectives, the functional environment within which
   handover keying operates, the functions to be performed by the HOKEY
   architecture itself, and the assignment of those functions to
   architectural components.  It goes on to illustrate the operation of
   the architecture within various deployment scenarios that are
   described more fully in other documents produced by the HOKEY Working
   Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-04.txt