Subject: [HOKEY] Question about RFC 5296

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:20:26 +0300

Hi

This is probably a stupid question, but there's something I don¹t
understand in section 5.3.2:

         keyName-NAI: This is carried in a TLV payload.  The Type is 1.
         The NAI is variable in length, not exceeding 253 octets.  The
         EMSKname is in the username part of the NAI and is encoded in
         hexadecimal values.  The EMSKname is 64 bits in length and so
         the username portion takes up 128 octets.

If EMSKname is 64 bits, why does it take 128 hexadecimal octets to encode
it?  Either it's 16 hexadecimal octets, or the EMSKname is actually 64
bytes, rather than bits.

What am I missing?

Yoav

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:08:52 +0800

I think it should be 16 hexadecimal octets rather than 128 ocets.
We should report this Errata when it is confirmed.

Regards!
-Qin
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Yoav Nir" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 3:20 PM
Subject: [HOKEY] Question about RFC 5296

Hi

What am I missing?

Yoav

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey