Subject: [HOKEY] RFC 6440 on The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) Local Domain Name DHCPv6 Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:51:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6440

        Title:      The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) 
                    Local Domain Name DHCPv6 Option 
        Author:     G. Zorn, Q. Wu,
                    Y. Wang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10158
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-ldn-discovery-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6440.txt

In order to derive a Domain-Specific Root Key (DSRK) from the
Extended Master Session Key (EMSK) generated as a side effect of an
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) method, the EAP peer must
discover the name of the domain to which it is attached.

This document specifies a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
Version 6 (DHCPv6) option designed to allow a DHCPv6 server to inform
clients using the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) EAP method of
the name of the local domain for ERP.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC