Subject: [HOKEY] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis-06: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:05:02 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Updated 20 Apr to include suggested text, and to add non-blocking
comments below.]

This document says there are no IANA actions.

RFC 5296 did a number of things in the EAP registry
- Registered Packet Codes 5 and 6
- Created the Message Types table
- Created the Initiate and Finish Attributes table
- Created the Re-authentication Cryptosuites table

It also registered two values in the USRK Key Labels registry.
The references in those IANA registries should now all be changed to
point to this new RFC, instead of the now-obsolete 5296.  The following
text is a suggested change to the IANA Considerations section that will
satisfy this.  It changes the references, and also makes it clear where
to find the technical documentation for each registered item.

-----------------------------------------
9. IANA Considerations

This document replaces and obsoletes RFC 5296 [RFC5296], and IANA is
asked to change all registered references to that document to point
instead to this document.
[RFC Editor note: please remove the previous paragraph on publication.]

The previous version of this document performed the following IANA
actions:

1. It registered Packet Codes "Initiate" and "Finish" in the EAP
  Registry.  Those are documented throughout this document as
  "EAP-Initiate" and "EAP-Finish".

2. It created a Message Types table in the EAP Registry, and registered
  several items in that table.  Those are documented throughout this
  document as "Re-auth-start" and "Re-auth".

3. It created an EAP Initiate and Finish Attributes table in the EAP
  registry, and registered several items in that table.  Those are
  documented in this document in Section 5.3.4.

4. It created a Re-authentication Cryptosuites table in the EAP
  registry, and registered several items in that table.  Those are
  documented in this document at the end of Section 5.3.2.

5. It registered two items in the USRK Key Labels registry:

  - Re-auth usage label "EAP Re-authentication Root [email-masked]",
    documented in this document in Section 4.1

  - DSRK-authorized delivery key "DSRK Delivery Authorized
    [email-masked]", documented in this document in the description of
    "Authorization Indication" in Section 5.3.3

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You also need to get a correct email address for Yang Shi, or perhaps
remove him from the author list (you can put him in a "Contributors"
section or in A.2).  Email to the address in the document is bouncing,
and this will cause you a problem during AUTH48.  (If you can't fix the
address and need/want to leave him in the author list, the AD can handle
this during AUTH48, so it's not a disaster.)

And you might want to take a look at A.2 and make sure you think it's
complete.  I see at least two mailing-list messages where Qin Wu
acknowledges useful comments from Sebastien, for example.  Up to you, of
course; I'm just setting a flag.

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:48:09 +0700

Already moved him to a newly minted Contributors section.

> course; I'm just setting a flag.

OK.