Subject: [homegate] Bar BoF Update - Need Feedback on Venue / Detailed Logistical Choices

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:58:41 -0400

Okay, we have 26 people who have RSVP¹d so far, so my guess is we will have
between 25 and 30 people total on Monday evening.

We have, in my view, 4 options.  I would like to ask for your feedback so we
can make a final decision soon (I am flying Saturday over to Sunday
morning)!  :-)

Option 1: Eat before 8:00pm local time  or bring your own takeout dinner
with you  and we get a meeting room at the IETF venue.  This is a regular
meeting room and allows for more structured discussion.  Downside is no bar,
but I can check to see if I can order some drinks to have them delivered.

Option 2: Same as #1, but start at 9:00pm or 9:30pm, so that people have
absolutely eaten dinner beforehand.

Option 3: I book a meeting room at my hotel next to the train station (this
one  holds 30 - 
http://www.nordiclighthotel.se/en/Experience-the-hotel/Photo-gallery2/) at
8:00pm or 8:30pm or 9:00pm and everyone chips in US$30 (225SEK) or so for a
little bit of light food and/or a drink or two ‹ or brings their own food or
eats beforehand.  

Option 4: We meet around 8:30pm or 9:00pm at a bar, such as the Glenfiddich
Warehouse (http://www.gfw68.com/) or a similar establishment.  The benefits
here are that you can easily order some pub food  and obviously obtain beer
too.  The downside is that it will be a somewhat loud bar, which means
conducive primarily to small groups of informal conversation vs. more
structured discussion.

Thanks
Jason

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:20:27 +0200

> can make a final decision soon (I am flying Saturday over to Sunday

What about having something structured for an hour at the IETF venue,  
then find food and maybe continue in smaller groups? 20:30 is still  
early enough to eat especially for those of us who flew in from the  
west--at least, I think so. Anyone know what time the Swedes tend to  
eat?

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:14:54 +0200

Livingood, Jason wrote:
> Okay, we have 26 people who have RSVP’d so far, so my guess is we will 
> have between 25 and 30 people total on Monday evening.
>
> We have, in my view, 4 options. I would like to ask for your feedback 
> so we can make a final decision soon (I am flying Saturday over to 
> Sunday morning)! :-)
>
> *Option 1: *Eat before 8:00pm local time – or bring your own takeout 
> dinner with you – and we get a meeting room at the IETF venue. This is 
> a regular meeting room and allows for more structured discussion. 
> Downside is no bar, but I can check to see if I can order some drinks 
> to have them delivered.
>
> *Option 2: *Same as #1, but start at 9:00pm or 9:30pm, so that people 
> have absolutely eaten dinner beforehand.
>
> *Option 3: *I book a meeting room at my hotel next to the train 
> station (this one – holds 30 - 
> http://www.nordiclighthotel.se/en/Experience-the-hotel/Photo-gallery2/) 
> at 8:00pm or 8:30pm or 9:00pm and everyone chips in US$30 (225SEK) or 
> so for a little bit of light food and/or a drink or two — or brings 
> their own food or eats beforehand.
>
> *Option 4: *We meet around 8:30pm or 9:00pm at a bar, such as the 
> Glenfiddich Warehouse (http://www.gfw68.com/) or a similar 
> establishment. The benefits here are that you can easily order some 
> pub food – and obviously obtain beer too. The downside is that it will 
> be a somewhat loud bar, which means conducive primarily to small 
> groups of informal conversation vs. more structured discussion.
Option 4 seems to resemble "bar-bof" the most.

- Mark
>
> Thanks
> Jason
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> homegate mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/homegate
>

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:33:56 +0200

my preference goes for option 2 or 4.
Regards,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58

---

From: Tao Wan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 14:19:09 +0200

My vote goes for Option 2 and 4.
Regards,

Tao Wan
Tilgin AB - http://www.tilgin.com/