Subject: [homenet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-06.txt> (Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:39:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Home Networking WG (homenet) to
consider the following document:
- 'Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm'
  <draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a distributed algorithm for automatic prefix
   assignment.  Given a set of delegated prefixes, it ensures that at
   most one prefix is assigned from each delegated prefix to each link.
   Nodes may assign available prefixes to the links they are directly
   connected to, or for other private purposes.  The algorithm
   eventually converges and ensures that all assigned prefixes do not
   overlap.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.