Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:26:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Home Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Options for Homenet Naming Architecture
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Chris Griffiths
                          Ralf Weber
                          Wouter Cloetens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-04.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-08-15

Abstract:
   Home network devices are usually constrained devices with reduced
   network and CPU capabilities.  As such, a home network device
   exposing the authoritative naming service for its home network on the
   Internet may become vulnerable to resource exhaustion attacks.  One
   way to avoid exposing these devices is to outsource the authoritative
   service to a third party, e.g.  ISP.

   The Homenet Naming Authority (HNA) is the designated device in charge
   of outsourcing the service to a third party, which requires setting
   up an architecture.

   Such settings may be inappropriate for most end users.  This document
   defines DHCPv6 options so any agnostic HNA can automatically proceed
   to the appropriate configuration and outsource the authoritative
   naming service for the home network.  In most cases, the outsourcing
   mechanism is transparent for the end user.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/