Subject: [homenet] Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on draft-ietf-homenet-babel-profile-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 11:21:01 -0700

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-homenet-babel-profile-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-babel-profile/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
you should refer to 8174.

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 21:30:18 +0200

> you should refer to 8174.

Perhaps you could kindly justify your advice?  Non-capitalised "must" is
used just once in this document, and I don't see any opportunity for
ambiguity.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Markus Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 22:34:41 +0300

> used just once in this document, and I don't see any opportunity for

Perhaps he refers to the RFC8174 update to the boilerplate:

   === OLD ===
..
   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.

   === NEW ===
..
      The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
      NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED",
      "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as
      described in BCP 14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they
      appear in all capitals, as shown here.

   === END ===

-Markus

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 21:37:31 +0200

Hello Julius,

this was indeed a bit rapidly written.
And effectively, Markus identified what I meant. Thank you.

-m

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 23:27:24 +0200

> Perhaps he refers to the RFC8174 update to the boilerplate:

Ah, thanks.  Will do.

-- Juliusz