Subject: [homenet] virtual interims to progress simple naming draft

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:52:18 +0100

Hiya,

As mentioned in Montreal, we're thinking of organising a set
of virtual interims to try help progress this [1] draft. The
goal is to try more quickly move it along to the point where
(we think) it's editorially complete, at which point it ought
be easier for implementers to use, and to give feedback to
the WG. IOW, the proximate goal of these virtual interims is
not WGLC and publication, but to get us to what some other WGs
call an "implementation draft."

In Montreal we spoke about maybe 4-5 meetings, with one every
two weeks or so, and each for something like 60-120 minutes.
Given the rules for these kinds of meeting [2] we'd be starting
those in a few weeks.

Before doing that it'd be great to get feedback as to whether:

a) you will/won't participate,
b) which day(s) of the week are good/bad,
c) which times of day (in UTC) are good/bad,
d) and how long would you say such meetings ought be?

We won't find anything perfect but if enough active participants
are ok with doing this, we can cut it down to a few options and
do a poll to see which option is least bad.

So please send your answers to a,b, c and d above to the
chair's alias (cc'd on this message) this week and we'll get
back to the list with specific options in about a week.

If you want to discuss this as a plan, please do and use this
thread but please try not to end your specific answers to the
list:-)

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-simple-naming
[2]
https://www.ietf.org/blog/guidance-face-face-and-virtual-interim-meetings/?primary_topic=7&