Subject: [hrpc] New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-00.txt

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:17:33 +0100

Dear all,

We just published a new ID which:
- is merging the glossary [0] and methodology [1] drafts
- provides an overview of the research done up to now
- includes a brand new literature overview and discussion
- has a new version of cleaned up guidelines for human rights considerations

We're looking forward to a thorough discussion of this on the list as
well as in Buenos Aires.

All the best,

Niels

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dkg-hrpc-glossary-01
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-04

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-00.txt
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 06:11:36 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>, Corinne Cath
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Niels ten Oever and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-tenoever-hrpc-research
Revision:	00
Title:		Research into Human Rights Protocol Considerations
Document date:	2016-03-17
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		57
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-00

Abstract:
   The increased intertwinement of Internet and society increases the
   impact of the Internet on the lives of individuals.  Because of this,
   the design and development of the architecture of the Internet also
   has an increasing impact on society.  This has led to an increasing
   recognition that human rights [UDHR] [ICCPR] [ICESCR] have a role in
   the development and management of the Internet [HRC2012] [UNGA2013]
   [NETmundial].  It has also been argued that the Internet should be
   strenghtened as a human rights enabeling environment [Brown].

   This document provides a proposal for a glossary to discuss the
   relation between human rights and Internet protocols, an overview of
   the discussion, a proposal for the mapping of the relation between
   human rights and technical concepts, and a proposal for guidelines
   for human rights considerations, similar to the work done on the
   guidelines for privacy considerations [RFC6973].

   Discussion of this draft at: [email-masked] //
   https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:26:01 +0100

PS As always, suggested changes are also accepted as pull requests here:

https://github.com/nllz/IRTF-HRPC/blob/master/draft-research.md

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9